The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who make $56,000 or less per year. Tax preparation help is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sign up begins at 10 am
Taxpayers should bring:
- Proof of identification - Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.