Presented by the Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative (OHAI), this six week series is open to individuals who are pre-diabetic, have been diagnosed with diabetes, or think they may have it. We strongly encourage family and caregivers to attend as well, and participants do not have to attend the first class in order to attend follow-on classes.
WALK AWAY WITH TOOLS FOR:
- How diabetes affects your body
- Make sense of your blood sugar numbers
- Meet others who have diabetes
- Have fun learning in a small group through games, activities and support conversations
- Learn about diabetes through classes located in the community near your neighborhood
This project is funded through the Oklahoma Department of Libraries with a federal grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.